Ethos, Vision and Values
We aim to realise the academic and personal potential of every student within a safe and supportive environment, empowering each one to succeed in an exciting, ever changing and challenging world.
Rainham School for Girls represents a culture of high aspiration, high expectation and success. Our aim is to provide an outstanding learning experience for all students within a safe, disciplined and caring environment.
Students will engage in a learning journey which will challenge and inspire them, one which will see them progress and grow into independent, confident, respectful young people.
Partnerships with parents are valued highly and are essential to a student's success. By sharing the same educational goals and working together, we are able to form the solid foundation needed to enable the highest levels of achievement for your daughter.
Our Core Values
- High aspiration
- High expectation
- Human Dignity
- Care for others
An outstanding educational establishment, where high levels of learning extend beyond the classroom encompassed within an advanced pedagogical model. Students are highly engaged in their learning and their journey through the school and take an active role in their development.
Rainham School for Girls is committed to actively promoting British values throughout the curriculum, both inside and outside of the classroom. We understand British values to mean democracy, the rule of law, individual liberty and mutual respect and tolerance of those with different faiths and beliefs.
Our students are encouraged to:
- Understand how citizens can influence decision-making through the democratic process
- Understand that equality is the cornerstone of British society and that tolerance of others is the application of this conviction
- Understand that the freedom to hold other faiths and beliefs is protected in law
- Have an acceptance that people have different faiths or beliefs to oneself
- Be accepting and tolerant of others, and know they should not be the cause of prejudicial or discriminatory behaviour
- Understand the importance of identifying and combatting discrimination